Still waiting for my covering iron and heat gun to arrive in the mail. Holiday shipping has really gone wrong this year. I decided to start building the fuselage instead of sitting around and waiting. I reviewed the plans to mark up all the changes I needed to make in order to convert the plane to electric power. The changes will accommodate a 3S/2,200mAh or smaller battery, a 30A ESC instead of the small fuel tank, and replace the original servos with new 9[gr] servos. My overall weight estimates of the electronics and power system came out to be slightly in favor of the electric setup: 310 [gr] vs. 360 [gr] of the original, without fuel. The main changes included: a larger fire-wall to increase the front opening width for a battery, moved the second rib back 20 [mm], and fashioned it into a rectangle with an opening made out of ply wood. Glued together with bottom longerons: Next, completed bottom sheeting after gluing the fire wall in place with appropriate down and right thrust:
Comments
Post a Comment